It is very important to us that your personal information is safe and secure, and only used for the right reasons. This privacy notice explains why we collect personal information and how we use it. It also tells you about your legal rights.
Who are we?
We are the Independent School’s Mutual. When we begin trading, we will be a mutual which will provide discretionary protection and arrange insurance for independent schools and certain organisations in the independent schools sector which become our Members.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect, use and store personal information for our legitimate business interests and the legitimate interests of our prospective Members, and so that we can:
- tell you about us and the products and services we will offer
- obtain information about your school or business and its risk protection requirements and risk profile
- deal with your application for membership and risk protection
- seek your views on the quality and development of our products and services
- comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- respond to complaints
- carry out market research.
What sort of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we will collect will be your:
- name and professional address
- professional telephone number and email address
- job title
Do we share personal information with anyone else?
We share personal information with Regis Mutual Management Limited who will contact you and collect and use the information on our behalf for the purposes explained above.
We will not give information to anyone else unless:
- you agree
- we are allowed or required by law to disclose it
We do not give personal information to any other organisation for their own marketing purposes.
How long do we keep personal information?
If your school or business does not become a Member or decides not to apply for memberhip, we will only keep your information:
- for as long as we need to use it for the purposes it was given to us or
- if you agree that we can keep it
- as required by law or regulation
When we no longer need to keep your personal information, and if you have not agreed that we can keep it, we will securely and confidentially destroy it.
Do we send personal information outside the UK and the European Economic Area?
We do not send personal information outside the UK or the European Economic Area.
What are my legal rights?
The law gives you special rights. You have the right to:
- know if we hold your information
- know what we use it for
- know what sort of information we hold
- know with whom we share it
- know how long we will keep your information
- receive a copy of the information we hold
- have irrelevant information deleted
- have any inaccuracies corrected
- restrict the way we use your information until inaccuracies are corrected
- in some cases, have the information deleted from our records
Who do I contact about the information you hold about me or if I have a concern or complaint?
If you have any questions about why we collect and use your information, or:
- if you want a copy of it
- if you are unhappy with the way we are using your information
- you believe we should not be using it
The Information Officer
Regis Mutual Management Limited
8 Maltings Place
169 Tower Bridge Road
London SE1 3JB
Telephone: 0207 099 2572
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact the ICO by:
- completing the details at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- telephoning 0303 123 1113
- writing to
Information Commissioner’s Office